So I tore apart and rebuilt the tank today!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Zissou, May 16, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Zissou

Zissou Fire Shrimp

So i've been itching to give my little 40g reef some new life, and of course since everything seemed so happy I decided to use my day off to tear it down and rebuild. Mostly the reason was that a zoo and star polyp colony was threatening to take over. The first pic is what I started with this morning and then six hours later. Everything is still acclimating to the change but I think I did well. IMG_1361.JPG IMG_1366.JPG IMG_1367.JPG IMG_1368.JPG IMG_1369.JPG

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Looks great. It's amazing what a tank looks like after moving a few rocks around. I like the coral placement. I know this day is coming for the reef tank soon.....

4. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Nicely done. Looks much better.

DSC reef likes this.
  5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

congrats on the clean up! Looks great! I need to do that myself :)

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    DSC reef likes this.
  6. Zissou

Zissou Fire Shrimp

The tank is looking great, but I raised the light about eight inches so I am still tinkering. Also, I am adding a grade AAA Maxima to the tank tomorrow so that is exciting, along with a rainbow chalice! I'll post more pics with something better than my phone when everything gets settled. Dory and Nemo have more space to swim now while they grow and they will make the move to my friends 200g in the future.

DSC reef, cody3819 and Lovemyreef2015 like this.
  7. Lovemyreef2015

Lovemyreef2015 Flamingo Tongue

Your tank looks great! I'm excited to see your new clam! And chalice! IMO no reef is complete without a clam.:)

DSC reef, cody3819 and Zissou like this.
  8. Click Here!

9. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Make sure we get pics of that of that clam for 3reef clamily. Congrats, looking forward to see the pieces.

Lovemyreef2015 likes this.
  10. Zissou

Zissou Fire Shrimp

So this was taken with my phone right before I had to head to work. It has only been in the tank for about an hour at this point so hopefully it will open more by the time I track down a camera.

Attached Files:

11. Zissou

Zissou Fire Shrimp

Here is a macro shot of the monti cap and its growth thus far. Things are settling in nicely with the new aqua scape and I will be updating as I tinker more with my little reef. Clam shots to come!..if I figure this camera out ;) IMG_2146.JPG

DSC reef and Vinnyboombatz like this.
  12. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Very nice shot Z! I am going to be tearing my cube down soon so your thread is good motivation for me.Not that I really needed any but I have a thousand Shrooms in my tank!!lol

Zissou likes this.