So call me crazy.. Or dont

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by hdog, Feb 14, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. hdog

hdog Astrea Snail

Stock list for a haeaily planted 50 gal (36x18x17) aquarium:
    -dwarf fuzzy lion
    -antennata lion
    -inimicus
    -leaf scorp
    -single or pair of clownfish. Which species do you think?

So is it a good stock list?

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

If you include some reference to Scorpionfish in the thread title it might get Renee or Greg's attention, so I would edit your title.

It's an unusual mix of fish for sure.

LionfishLair.com - Scorpionfish Care Guide

4. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Agreed. While to me it sounds like a lot of chances to get stung while performing maintenance, Greg and Renee can help you manage. :)

I don't think clowns would be a good idea. Smaller species will most likely become dinner, while larger ones may bully and stress your scorps.

5. hdog

hdog Astrea Snail

ok that makes sense
    thanks

6. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

Not a lot of room for all those fish to move in that tank. once They're all full grown it could get cramped.

The leaf scorp will most likely get out competed for food, being a camouflaged ambush predator.

Id do both of the lions. IME the fuzzy dwarfs can be hard to get on frozen, but how can you resist that cute face????

I'm not sure if the Inimicus would be able to, or try, to eat the fuzzy dwarf. so look in to that.

In all, Fuzzy dwarf and antenata lionfish look like a good mix for a heavily planted 50 gal. neither get over 8 inches, giving ample room to turn around and swim. and if obtained at the same time, they shouldn't try to eat each other either (IE one would see the smaller as food, try and get them around the same size).