Snowflake Moray Breeding???

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by greebs, Nov 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. greebs

greebs Flamingo Tongue

Well guys I decided a few weeks back that I wanted some type of eel to occupy my 55 gallon tank. I was looking at many types of eels to try to seperate myself from the herd and be unique. But I think me and Norg. came up with something pretty cool and a hell of a lot cheaper. We decided that trying to have a pair of snowflake moray eels would be fairly cool and if possible, a mated pair. We headed to the lfs and got an awesome deal. Buy 3 snowflake morays (around 6 inches) for 70 dollars. But the store had its 40th year anniversary and had saltwater livestock 40% off. I decided to go with the three for 45 dollars. A great deal IMO. Well I am rambling haha.

Long story short, if anyone has had any luck with a mated pair of snowflake morays or knows any information to help me out with this process, please tell me.

Oh and the rest of the plan, if two morays mate, I will probably get rid of the third one, and eventually I will be upgrading the tank for the eels when they outgrow it.

Thanks, Matt G.

2. Click Here!

3. ReefDaily

ReefDaily Skunk Shrimp

I've never really heard of captive eels breeding.. But I am tagging along because this would be cool.

4. jturnbull

jturnbull Purple Spiny Lobster

Snowflakes are fun. I just wish they swam other then when they want food.

5. ReefDaily

ReefDaily Skunk Shrimp

Another species you might want to look at is the zebra moray. They don't get as large and are less aggressive.

6. greebs

greebs Flamingo Tongue

well the problem with zebra morays are that they never come to the lfs in small sizes. i'll see about two a year in there, and they are already fully grown. i think i will have a greater chance of mating them if they grow up around eachother and are comfortable with eachother. not to mention, i already bought the snowflakes :)

7. ReefDaily

ReefDaily Skunk Shrimp

Ahh thats right - I forgot that you already got them.

Keep us posted, I am interested.