SnooknRedz's 75 Gallon(SHUT DOWN)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by SnooknRedz, Mar 31, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

What skimmer?

1. SWC Xtreme 160

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. Reef Octopus Extreme 160

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  1. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

Got to work on the tank today finally. I had a day off from work and school so I made the trip to Home Depot and bought some lumber. 2x4's and 2x6's as well as a sheet of 3/4" plywood. Very sturdy Im happy with the outcome. Ill be adding ply wood to the sides and get the doors when im finished with the sump and plumming. Figured id leave that till last so i dont have any knicks n stratches. The bottom shelf will let me house a 40 gallon sump wich i will be buying soon. ;D. Slowly but surely its getting there!! bear with me this builds gonna be a while... lol. (p.s i hate my iphone camera)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Very nice! :p :)

4. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Stand looks good!Nice start.

5. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Hey! Copy cat! I too, am setting up a 75g reef. I have a 55g sump for it, we have the same stand and I have been at it for a month. :)

Nice start. It looks great so far.

6. SnooknRedz

You musta missed my post about when i picked it up. I said id be borrowing your plans for the stand to an extent! lol i meant to originally put 40 gallon sump not a 55 but oh well. I cant wait to see how yours comes along and mine, itll be fun to compare!

7. SnooknRedz

Thank Seano for the plans i kinda thiefed them from him ;). But thank you im stoaked about getting this going

8. Click Here!

9. SnooknRedz

thank you JJL!

10. Seano Hermano

I was just playing with you a bit, but I do remember that now. It's cool. :) It should be nice to see it when you are done.

Subscribed. :)

P.S. - Did you do the cabinet thing behind the tank like mine? I though that was nice to have everything hidden in back.

11. SnooknRedz

I know man no harm done. No i didnt thats why i said to an extent.. just made it 19" wide to hold the tank only. but everythig else is identical to how yours is. thanks for the pictures it really helped me out a lot when deciding how i was going to do it.

I really like the way your going with yours. very professional and elegant (from what google sketch up can show us at least!;)) I dont really mind my plumming and wires being loose in the back.

12. Seano Hermano

Thanks for the compliment. :) My tank stand for my 29g looks...lets say, "not that good." I built it about 2 years ago. I wasn't so good with the power tools then.

I want to make this the opposite of that. I am glad you like the drawings. I try to come up with something in my mind before building it. The drawings would be the middle step. I tend to draw everything out before putting it to work. Posting them on 3reef for everyone to see gives people idea that they can use if they like, but also critique them to see if there is something I may have missed.