Smart ATO: Hands-on with Video

Discussion in 'Marine Depot' started by MarineDepot, Dec 6, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

Joe from our tech team gets hands-on with the new AutoAqua Smart ATO and Amy unboxes a unit in this video so you can get a closer look at what's included:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. tattoolew

tattoolew Sea Dragon

This looks very slick and well built but baed on price I'm still not sold. Any reason someone should get this system over others out there?

4. bsutton

bsutton Feather Duster

I'm looking at possibly purchasing this but I cant find any reviews so I may wait...

5. MarineDepot

This system does have some great benefits. The small profile sensor with magnet mount is the most notable.

It also has an intuitive fail-safe system called AFS (Auto Feedback Security) technology. The AFS technology will basically learn your regular fill times and prevent the pump from running too long in the event of a problem.

I have to also point out the Smart ATO is one of the best priced systems available that includes everything you need for complete set-up and operation.

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Does the controller run on a battery? I don't see a cord on it.

7. MarineDepot

The controller does not run on batteries. It does, however, include a universal power adapter that attaches directly to the controller on the bottom. I see in the images above the power adapter is not connected. Check out the video in the item description for some better close up photos.

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.aspx?idProduct=CV47286

Feel free to let us know if you have more questions.

8. Click Here!

9. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

What sort of max water level does it offer? IE, how close to the top lip does it allow it to run, and how far down does it go before it comes on?

reason I ask, is I would LOVE this for my Dos Pescados ofice nano, but with the AC20, i have to run the water level under 1/2" to the top rim.

10. bsutton

bsutton Feather Duster

I would like to know the dims of the DC pump. If I purchase, I would use a 5 gallon water jug as my reservoir. Need to know if it would fit through the top of the jug...

11. MarineDepot

The included pump is surprisingly small at only 1 3/8" x 1 1/4" x 1". You should have no problems dropping into the standard 5 gallon water jugs. The advertised maximum pumping height is about 78" or 200cm.

12. tattoolew

tattoolew Sea Dragon