Skinny foxface

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by DannyAZ, May 2, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DannyAZ

DannyAZ Plankton

I have a Foxface that i've have for a few weeks and he is rather skinny. He eats like a pig, but i'm afraid of overfeeding him. I've been feeding him 4x a day. I am feeding him Mysis, Formula2, Krill, Romaine Lettuce . Whats the best type of food to fatten him up? How much can i fed him before he pops ? ;D

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Keep up with the varied diet, and be sure he has a constant supply of dried algae to graze on. If nothing works, it may be some kind of internal parasite that can usually be treated in a quarantine tank.

4. DannyAZ

DannyAZ Plankton

Is Romaine lettuce good enough or should I go with a dried seaweed instead ?

5. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

I would use dried seaweed. It usually has garlic in it and a better balance of nutrients.

6. DannyAZ

DannyAZ Plankton

I'll pick some up seaweed tonight then. Is there a better brand/type to get? Anything to avoid

For pellets/frozen, how long can I feed him before I worry about overeating?

7. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

usually when he stops eating.. feeding a fish for around 3 minutes or until he stops eating is usually a normal routine in the hobby...

8. Click Here!

9. DannyAZ

DannyAZ Plankton

Wow. I leave lettuce in the tank, but for dry food I feed for more like 30 sec to a minute. I guess i am underfeeding .

10. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

Definately go with the Seaweed. It's loaded with great stuff. I'm eating it right now! Get a good quality type, not a package of it that has been hanging out at the store since forever and then some. Look for some human grade at the stores (sans preservatives). It's pretty cheap in some areas.

Feed him a wide variety of food. We would hand feed our chunks of everything. Or I would fill a baster will a cube of mysis and he would nibble at the end and slurp up every last one.

It takes them a LONG time to regain their weigh. Don't get discouraged. Stuff him.

11. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

wow i only ever fed my tanks once a day