Resolved Skimmer Leaking - Central Aquatics Responds...

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Seano Hermano, Aug 17, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

If I find it is the skimmer (which it seems to be) - would I call Coralife to get a refund/replacement skimmer?

What about the water damage done to the floor?

There was a bit of salt creep on the back trim of the tank too...but not as much.

2. Click Here!

3. jdameli1

jdameli1 Torch Coral

I would call coralife and see, not sure about their warranty. I doubt they will do anything about the floor though, its a risk with tanks. I have laminate that I long ago killed :-(

MY skimmer rests against the back of the tank so I assume if it were to leak I would see salt there as welll

4. Seano Hermano

Crap...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  5. Seano Hermano

We've got the tank stand on some 2x4s now with a fan in the room so the area can dry out.

Found several spots where the wood floor had buckled...

6. Seano Hermano

I will do a water test later using a drop of food coloring so I can easily find where the skimmer is cracked.

7. Seano Hermano

I can't find my warranty papers...I haven't called them yet; I wil probably have to call on Monday during normal business hours.

Would it be possible that I would be able to get a refund and buy a different brand skimmer or would they only send me a replacement for what I have?

8. Click Here!

9. ferretfish

ferretfish Sea Dragon

if i was you i would not worry about the water i have my old 55 gallon fresh water tank crack and my floors fine

also with the water getting spashed out of the tank do you have any large fish that could spash water out of the tank because my 8 inch silver dollar use to spash water out of the tank when he got scared.

10. Seano Hermano

I currently have no fish in the tank.

All the white on the floor was just salt residue. But the wood is buckled in those areas. Luckily the tank is going to stay where is is so you shouldn't really notice the wood because the new cabinet will be on top of it.

11. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Dang that sux that the floor buckled...I can't believe it did it that fast. Your sure this isn't something that has been happening for a while and just got bad enough to notice now? Also didn't know saltwater would leave mildew. I had gotten so much saltwater on my living room floor when we replaced the carpet my wife swore there would be mold under it and I kept telling her there wouldn't be...lets just say I won the bet lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

12. ferretfish

ferretfish Sea Dragon

mabye the floor get grosser fast because reef saltwater is more alive then fresh water