Skimmer help!!

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Los1980, Jan 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Los1980

Los1980 Purple Spiny Lobster

my LFS recommended for my setup the coralife superskimmer 65G. It's been running for 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. I am still confused as to where my bubbles should be, how should i look, and when will it start to spit up the brown goo.

2. Click Here!

3. Ddubya

Ddubya Skunk Shrimp

I had that same skimmer starting in the hobby i soon realized it wasnt working the way i hear/see other brands work, it can overflow very easy the adjustment knob is VERY delicate. But as to your question it can take around a month for that specific brand to kick in and yet I never really saw much brown gunk, until I bought the Aquac Remora it's a Great beginner skimmer. if you have the cash to get 1

4. Los1980

thanks....i'll give it another week or two before i decide to switch. Mine overflowed but i have it hanging but it rests on a pvc so the overflow (cup) problem has stopped. i have bubbles right at the very bottom almost entering the entrance to the cup. is that normal or should it be bubbling higher? I wont have gunk because my clowns are barely an inch in size and thats all i have for now (3 full days in my tank)

5. Ddubya

Ddubya Skunk Shrimp

eveyrbodys opinion varys on skimmers but i kept mine about 1/2 inch into the cone

6. Los1980

7. ccopelin

ccopelin Plankton

Aqua c skimmer = noob proof. Also has the best customer service of any biz in the world! ;)