Site Revisions: The 'Classic' Skin Makeover

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Jan 4, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Over the last week or two, you 'classic' 3reefers have been awfully patient with a half-baked skin that was hard to read on the homepage and right nav while I added new headers and squashed bugs. Well the wait is over as I have taken an honest swing at cleaning up that site skin. Anyone using the 'classic' skin should hit 'F5' key or hold the shift-key and hit the refresh button on your browser.

Old Classic:
    [​IMG]

New Classic:
    [​IMG]

-Guests can check it out by using the blue button in the footer.

-3reef members should use the skin dropdown in the user cp/options page.

The two things I tried to do here were make it readable and easy on the eyes while retaining some of the old classic 3reef look and feel with a little new polish thrown in.

Rather than have a bunch of floating boxes, I went with a bar on the right navigation to bring it together a bit.

I will let it soak in and listen to your feedback, then when done there, I will take another look at the other skins (although any changes with the others will be a lot more subtle than this one).

I am still looking at a thing or two but I am pretty happy with it. I hope you like it as well. Cheers!

matt

PS - I killed a lot of bugs this weekend, please check out this board for details.

2. Click Here!

3. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Glad you're done "Applying lipstick" now, lol. Looks good.

4. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

much much better Matt. For some reason when I first came here I just liked the look. Well....I still do.

5. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

I didnt have a problem to be honest, well with the aesthetics anyway
    had 1 IE6 issue and thats been dealt with , thank you.

the USERCP tab is invisible in classic skin now, until you hover the mouse over where it is located and then it appears

Steve

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks all. Glad it's better for you.

This is in IE6 too? I got another email this morning about IE6... I will find some way of testing that browser soon..

[STRIKE]On another aside, one 'to do' with classic skin still is the bread crumb in forums - just to let you all know...[/STRIKE] Done (1/5)

matt

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010