Silent Running

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by kevinmharvey, Apr 20, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kevinmharvey

kevinmharvey Plankton

I was just given a 165 gallon acrylic tank, and I plan on creating a living reef. My only catch is the only place I can set up my tank is in the bedroom. Any suggestions on equipment that I should buy that will be ultra quiet, and any other suggestions on how to make this work so it will make the least amount of noise possible.
    I really want to make this work.

2. Click Here!

3. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

MH lights for one thing... Oh welcome aboard.
    The fan to cool the MH lights will be on during the day. so unless you sleep during the day that should be ok.

4. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Not too quiet..

A bedroom tank sounds ideal to me...I find the murmer and low gurgling noise of tank both peaceful and very relaxing...like sitting on bank of a small creek or stream...

Can't count the number of times (bet wife knows :p) I have fallen asleep on couch in front of aquarium...

Hummm, you have provided answer to long standing question of where next tank going!

Thanks Kevin! ;)

OmarD

5. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Welcome kevinh! Go to the home page and read up on the 3 steps to a reef aquarium. I encourage you to look at the photo gallery and read browse the threads in the various forums. After you get an idea of what you want, we can assist you in how to set it allup. Have fun!