Sick Of Guessing, Video Added. 04/20.

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by RedGambit, Apr 9, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

So As a few of you know Ive been struggling with random diseases in the tank. And honestly Im getting sick on guessing this one. My Purple tang Gizmo has been ill for about 2 weeks now.(where as the rest get something and die within hours to days) He has a cloudy look to him, Sometimes colorful, sometimes pale during the day. Now I get the ich, However do you guys feel this is velvet or a bacterial infection of some sort?

No scratching, Hes abusing the cleaning services of the shrimp and wrasse(which Ive never seen the wrasse go in the gills before.) He does eat, But Very little. Tried to pull him out to treat him somehow. However I cant catch the fish worth a crap. Still vigorous.

[​IMG]

Hope the image is clear enough. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

try dosing your tank with epsom salts...my orange shoulder responded well to that, and he is eating again, and the cloudiness in his eye went away...he is still thin but i'm hoping he is on an upward swing....1tsp food grade epsom salts per 10g.

1 person likes this.
  4. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Never heard of that, I will have to see who has some.

5. Kevin3884

Walgreens sells the food grade stuff.....my guy at my trusty LFS told me about it...he has been doing this a LOT longer than me, so i trusted him, and i'll be damned if things didnt turn around the next day...cloudiness was gone, and he was swallowing food

6. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Wow never heard that either.

1 person likes this.
  7. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Ah we have a walgreens not to far from here. Will have to go get some ... The cloudyness I think is affecting his eating habbits. the cloudier it is the less he eats and vice versa.

8. Click Here!

9. Kevin3884

when you go to get it...just read the back of it...if it has instructions on how to relieve constipation with it....you know its food grade if it doesnt specifically say "food grade".. :)

10. Kevin3884

Epsom salt is just Magnesium Sulfate....so it will raise the Mg level in ur tank a little....but it did honestly work for my tang...just stick to the 1tsp per 10G and do a water change in a few days and u'll be fine...no ill effects on my tank at all

11. Kevin3884

Go now...no time for this computer business...save that tang! RUN! (well drive, but u get the idea)

12. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Eric, I had the same thing happen to my tang when his HLLE was bad. If you can't see you can't eat! Selcon worked for me.