Urgent Sick clown fish.

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by pez blanco, Feb 6, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pez blanco

pez blanco Fire Worm

I just added these guys 2 days ago. I'm not sure what kind of parasite that is Ick or flukes but it has doubled in size in as many days.

Can anyone recommend a possible last ditch treatment?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. The Biocube Man

The Biocube Man Plankton

if you have a quartine tank i would suggest you put them in their. you can then use a copper treat meant. if you want or don't have a quartine tank, give them a fresh water dip. that should kill the parasite on the fish but a uv light in the aquarium would kill off the free floating parasites.

4. pez blanco

pez blanco Fire Worm

I have at my disposal: Crypto-Pro (Quinine Sulfate) & KanaPlex (kanamycin) which I think is more for bacterial infections? I don't have a hospital tank as I just moved and the 29 gal nano came with me. I have a few buckets that I use for fish stuff and thats all. I have attempted a fresh water dip (5 minutes) for now in one of the smaller buckets. Any suggestions using what I have above and thinking on my feet? Would adding a small dose of Crypto-pro in one of the buckets with fresh water and then doing a longer fresh water dip help? :confused:

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

That picture doesn't really show me what the problem is...do you have a better picture?

6. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

+1, if its ich and you feed your fish a healthy diet they will be able to fight it off naturally once fully acclimated