Urgent Sick BTA!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Kaianuanu, May 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kaianuanu

Kaianuanu Peppermint Shrimp

I just bought this anemone from the lfs and i know it is bleached, but it also is only barely stick sometimes. Im about to see if it'll eat though. I'm already trying to return it, but I wanted to know if this classifies as open mouth?

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Kaianuanu

I talked to the owner of the store and he said i could return it, no questions.

4. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

It still looks inflated so dont give up hope yet. Try setting it in an area of lower flow & give it a little time. It's mouth does look a little open but have you seen it expelling anything? If you just bought it, it will take a little time (and be a little stressed).

5. Reef-a-holic

Reef-a-holic 3reef Sponsor

Not sure how long you've had it (hours, days?)...but for a new nem I don't think it looks bad...bleached some, yes, but otherwise looks pretty decent for just going in the tank.

6. Kaianuanu

I saw another one that seemed darker as i was not aware that mine was bleached. it was also bigger. But the biggest thing that is scaring me is that its not firing its nematocysts so its not even sticky. So i'll get the darker bigger one if it is sticky. If not, i may look at other nems or just a coral or something else.

7. Kaianuanu

That pic makes it look alot darker than it truly is. Plus, the tentacles aren't sticky.

8. Click Here!

9. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

what is your lighting, doesnt look to be adequate.

10. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

The next logical step is to of course ask what all your current water parameters, as well as your lighting & filtration set up?