Sicce Voyager with Reefkeeper Lite - First Impressions

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by AZDesertRat, Feb 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. grubbsj

grubbsj Gigas Clam

I'm going to follow along on this to see how these stand the test of time. When I ran 3 K4s in my 75 gal system with my RK2...all was well for the first couple of months...then the K4s began to get louder and louder on each start...and shortly there after required cleaning to even run...I found that once I starter cleaning them the time between cleanings decreased until I replaced the impellers...

BUT, they do work with the RKE, RKL, RK2 (or any power switching controller) to mix up the currents in the tank...

Very good write up...thanks AZDesertRat...

2. Click Here!

3. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

My K4's and K3 chattered from day one and I stopped using the wavemaker function after two days, it drove me nuts. The Voyagers have been running 24 hrs so far and nary a noise.

4. grubbsj

grubbsj Gigas Clam

Ya, as mine got louder it seemed to bother the fish more...I ended up turning off the wave function and just ran them straight to create a circular motion with in the tank...

5. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Thanks for the informative and thoughtful writeup! :)

6. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

They have been running over 48 hours now and I changed the switching rate to 1 minute intervals. Still no noise at all, I have to be standing next to the tank and looking for movement to tell when they switch.
    It appears at least by observation, maybe they don't pump as much as the K4's they replaced but its really hard to tell. The corals all look happy and my RBTA's are really extended out and waving in the breeze.

7. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Great write up.. I love my Koralias, but using them on my wavemaker it drives me nuts! Keep up posted..

8. Click Here!

9. rodcpierce

rodcpierce Ritteri Anemone

im also going to be getting some of these to put on a wave maker.

10. TJSlayer

TJSlayer Bristle Worm

From what I have read if you cut a smallchunk of airline tubing 1/8 " or so and put it over the shaft in front of the prop the noise goes away....

May of been behind the prop too, can't reacll was a while ago, but I don't have a wavemaker so have never done it....

Worth a try...

Cheers
    Todd

11. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

How much was it? The price of the Magnums have dropped a lot.

12. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Aquabuy and others have the Sicce Voyager 3 listed at $58. I found the Koralia Evolution for about the same proce but all the online vendors are out of stock, I am not sure they have actually received any yet. The Magnums are more so I did not check on availablility.