Shy toadstool

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Covey, Dec 2, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

I wondered if you could help. My frags have been in the tank for about a week now but the last few days my toadstool hasn't opened. It has been 3 days now. There is only turbo's, astrea snails, blue legged hermits, and a peppermint shrimp in the tank so there shouldn't be anything bothering it. I have since got my new lights but it started a day before that. I thought that it was unusually because the toadstool seemed to be really enjoying the tank for the first 4 days and now nothing. All the rest of the frags are doing fine. Do you have any ideas?

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

"new Lights" what was the change in the lights, Just bulbs or new upgrade?
    You may want to run some carbon. Is there any other Soft Coral near it or maybe upstream?
    Is there any other coral like LPS that maybe sending sweepers out at night that could be stinging.
    Oh ya Whats your Water Perams like

J

4. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

I got my new T5s but the change in lighting happened after this started. I added new carbon before I add the frags so the carbon is only like a week old too. Their is only other soft corals in the tank. The only coral that would be consider upstream would be my star polyps. Any ideas?

5. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

How big is the Toadstool? It's possible it's going through a stage that has it slime up and sluff off an outer layer. Maybe someone with more Softie experience will know

J

6. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

It is only 1 1/2" around. It has only been in the tank a week. It seemed to really enjoy its first 4 days here.

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

How long has the toadstool been in the tank? I'm not sure if it falls under the "frags that have been in the tank for a week" category?

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=Covey link=board=ASAP;num=1102011044;start=0#4 date=12/02/04 at 12:17:34]It is only 1 1/2" around.  It has only been in the tank a week.[/quote]

Where is it at in your tank? How near the lights? How is the current?

Leathers are moody and shed their skin. My cabbage leather took a week to open up fully.

10. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

er...about the lights wat did u have before the t5s?

11. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I must have missed the part where you said that the coral was in the tank for a week. Give it a bit more time to adjust to your tank and the new lighting.