Shroom Sick

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by mallasee, May 21, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mallasee

mallasee Astrea Snail

Hello Everyone,
    I just noticed this spot on my Starry Mushroom. I think it has some kind of diesese. My water parameters are ph 8.2, ammonia 0, nitrate 0, nitrite 0, temp 78. I dose B-ionic everyday before the lights come on. Does anyone have any input on this?

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Hmm, hard to tell from the picture. Is it sitting on top of the mushroom? Can you brush it away? It it part of your rock becuase ths shroom is splitting?

4. mallasee

mallasee Astrea Snail

The spot on the shroom is stuck to it. I tried to brush it off but it just blows around. Also the shroom is just sitting in the sand. I have tried to get it to attach to a rock to no avail. It moved around for a few weeks and found that spot. It has been there for about 2 months. I dont know what they look like when they split, so I hope that is it.

5. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Hmmm. Wait, so when you brush it, the spot moves? Is it like a little growth on the mushroom or sorta stuck to it but can slide around.

6. mallasee

mallasee Astrea Snail

The spot on the shroom is stuck, but it sways in the current. I doesn't actually move from spot to spot on the shroom. It stays put. So I what I'm saying is that it is soft and not hard spot.

7. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Hmmmm...very interesting, I have to admit i have no idea, i will look into it.

8. Click Here!

9. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Humm, possibly a tumor of some sort. Research mushroom diseases. It's not splitting, they make the mouth first and then grow apart. Could also be injured and that's just mass. Is it the same color? I would suggest to leave it be. The mushroom looks very healthy from the picture. As long as it doesn't shrivel up or look purplish, it's ok.