shrimp

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Nyxx, Nov 26, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Nyxx

Nyxx Plankton

My hubby and I have a 110 gal. tank and I was wondering if we could keep blook shrimp in it with cleaner shrimp. We have about 90lbs of live rock, 4 inches of substrate, assorted corals and reef-safe fish. We already have two cleaner shrimp. Thanks for any help.

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I have 2 pepermit shrimp, 1 cleaner, and 1 coral banded. They seem to all get along quite well.

Jason

4. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

my freind has a tank with a hole lot of diferent shrimps and henever had trouble with them

JOE

5. Gaspare

Gaspare Astrea Snail

I have read that blood shrimp can be territorial and may attack some shrimp like the coral banded. ;)

6. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

The general guideline is one shrimp per 50 gallons. That being said, a mating pair of shrimp, they are hermaphroditic, is always a plus especially if you have corals and other filter feeders.

If I were you, I would get a pair of small Blood Shrimp and introduce them to the opposite end of the tank where the Red Skunk Cleaners have established their territory.

My LFS keeps a small 45 gallon reef tank where they hold lots of mixed juvenile Red Skunk, Blood, and Peppermint shrimp together. Coral Banded shrimp are kept in his coral display tank separate from the other ornamental shrimp.

HTH

7. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

cleaners and bloods do ok together i never had any problem with mine

8. Click Here!

9. Nyxx

Nyxx Plankton

Thanks for all your help.