shrimp suggestions

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Peredhil, Oct 12, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Wow. Coral Banded Shrimp getting dissed. Well, they probably deserve it. You cannot argue very effectively with the masses. But I still like them. I do. They have personality and they are big. They are out during the day and wander around like they own the place (they do). They get a little hostile towards fish if they swim too close, but all a fish has to do is bump them and the pincers will fall off. If you do decide to get one, just get one....unless you get a mated pair. Otherwise you will end up with one again. Fight to the death they will.

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

all shrimp can eat polyps, especially when low on food. so thats something for people to think about if you have shrimp make sure they have enough to eat

4. Hackem688

Hackem688 Millepora

I like fire shrimp aka blood shrimp have 4 my self

5. PumaKrieg

PumaKrieg Flamingo Tongue

Hate CBs, aggressive and love to kill stuff that they are larger then, and would even attempt to catch slow moving fish, or others that rest on rocks like blennies. I would always remove the claws with tweasers, although they would always grow back after a short while.

6. Scubagator87

Scubagator87 Skunk Shrimp

scarlet skunk! they are colorful and VERY active...also peaceful, never had a problem. They are also cleaners and I have heard they can help with Ich. Hes one my favorites in the tank. Mine walks around in my anemone and often hangs out there; often thought he hosts in it
    accepts food out of my hand

7. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Cool. I think I'll get a skunk cleaner and 2 more peppermints. In another week or so.

8. Click Here!

9. suzique

suzique Flamingo Tongue

You Go boy! Get what you want........I have 3 peppermints who eat aptasia, not feather dusters and never bother any of my corals. They are seen throughout the day and will eat from my fingers. However in my opinion they are a little boring. All they do is watch me and bob back and forth. See how we all have our own experiences. I also LUV my fire shrimp and plan on buying another, as well as a cleaner. So you do whatever you want to because it's your tank........ and I said so;D

Sue

1 person likes this.
  10. jdrbach

jdrbach Astrea Snail

Good luck with your shrimp purchase. I have a skunk cleaner and a peppermint ( had 3, 2 disappeared, have a thread about it) and my peppermints are just as active at meal timess as the cleaner is. This batch of peppermints that I have where hand raised. I thik that makes a HUGE difference. The first pair I had where not, and we caled them "Secret Agent Shrimp" because you only ever saw there antennas as they moved from the back of one rock to another. This one that's left, will climb right up my hand when I put it in the tank.

Like I said before, Best of luck with your purchase!!

11. jdrbach

jdrbach Astrea Snail

Oh yea, I forgot to mention, they never bothered either my numerous feather dusters or any of my corals! Plus I type fast and see that I missed a bunch of letters OOps!!

12. DendroGuru

DendroGuru Astrea Snail

say goodbye to your clown shrimp if you get fire/cleaner shrimp