Shrimp or no Shrimp?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Jan 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

lol i find it ironic; you gave me the idea for 3 fish XD but if you insist i'll add a firefish and a clown goby with a small shrimp. sound fair?

2. Click Here!

3. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

Its not about what is fair for you. What about the fish and shrimp, whats fair for them? a 10 gallon is very small, regardless of what you may think. swimming room is slim and one small fish would be a good fit for a tank of that size. Not to mention the bio load all those inhabitants. If you want more tank mates, upgrade to a larger tank.

4. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

I know, now that I think about it, it would look very crowded. I wouldn't do the clown goby, but if you absolutely want another fish then thats what I would add.

5. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

no it doesnt sound fair... to either of those fish. just pick one...i dont see what isnt being understood here....

6. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

This is the downside of a 10g, it looks nice and its small but limited fish options.

7. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

well im still gonna go with a shrimp so thats that

8. Click Here!

9. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

Firefish and one shrimp would be ok

10. con999

con999 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

ya 1 fish would be ok, but already have the maroon for now. untill he is gone. just get 1 shrimp and then ur done

11. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Hey guys, shrimp don't really count towards your bio load... stock up on shrimp.

Still say get a cheap one like a peppermint first though, to make sure it'll survive...

One fish. Maybe one fish and something very low impact like a blenny or goby, but that'd be pushing it and require constant maintenance on your part... but shrimp, I don't think there's really a limit. If you have too many you'll have to spot feed them... and overfeeding isn't something you want in this tank...