Shrimp or no Shrimp?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Jan 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well I can see why so many people were discouraging me from doing a 10 gallon build... lol it is quite possible...

2. Click Here!

3. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Wrong again :p it can actually be very, very beautiful, just not recommended as a for a first tank (i know its not your first tank, but how long was your 29 up before it leaked.......)

4. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

29 was about 4 months old before the leak. and what am i wrong in? lol might as well go back to the "livestock for 10 gallon thread" lol. I think 2 fish and 2 peppermints or a blood shrimp could work. I guess 3 is a little bit too much but not if the fish are small...

5. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

IMO 4 months isnt enough time to gain the experience needed to understand the work in getting a nano tank looking prestine :-/

and i said you were wrong when you said that 10 gal is impossible :p

6. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

? i said it was possible lol.

7. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

Now that I think about it, 3 is alot. I would do one purple firefish and two shrimp. I mean I am going to have 6 fish in my 60g so 1 in a 10g sounds right.

8. Click Here!

9. con999

con999 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

dude slow down. i think max 1 fish 1 small shimp. if it was me i wouldent even get a shrimp

10. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

Ya I agree, 1 fish and 2 shrimp would look to crowded. Just get the fish and eventually some coral, hermits have a lot of personality IMO so just get some of them :)

11. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

..... so purple firefish, 1 blood and a peppermint, and maybe a clown and/or neon goby. Sounds good; thanks for the help guys! I should wait before i get the shrimp. Gonna test out a peppermint first. :)

12. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

No, 1 purple firefish and either one shrimp or even better none, a 10g is pretty small. You can do whatever you want but most everyone is advising you to just get the firefish. At the most I would add a yellow clown goby and thats it.