Show the sharks a little love...........

Discussion in 'Environmental' started by reef goddess, Dec 10, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reef goddess

reef goddess 3reef Sponsor

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Why are all delicacies the most ridiculous thing you can possibly think up? They always are so wasteful as well... I agree, finning of sharks has to stop.

4. liegeofinveracity

liegeofinveracity Coral Banded Shrimp

...the night time... is the right time...
    i was telling a guy at work that i was considering an octopus tank(he's a twenty year freshwater guy who loves saltwater but doesn't have one..."too much work") and he informed me that "all the best people" i.e. "trendy/rich" japanese are enjoying live octopus heads these days... apparently you just grab them out the tray"big shallow display tank with fire under it on every table" and bite the head off.. go from there, maybe we should get someone to import japanoisecore octupus's? it's not like they're hard to keep! ;(

5. liegeofinveracity

liegeofinveracity Coral Banded Shrimp

...the night time... is the right time...
    withought waxing to philosophical, i think the wastefullness is at the very heart of any "delicacy"
    i don't foster a very high opinion of our species though:eek:

6. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Not a whole lot of things that aren't wasteful. Frankly I think sharks would drive onto land grab us pull us into their water filled car things take out the tastiest part and dump as back if they could.

Not that I support finning sharks, its horrible and we should be the bigger species. I don't think we are any more cruel than any other species though. Just more able.