Show me your ATO storage containers.

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by jkat21, Nov 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

With pure water going into it you have a much less chance of a switch sticking compared to salt water. Also with the double switches you also have less of a chance. One switch turns it on one turns it off.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

AHH gotcha.....but my worry is hooking the RO/DI directly into the tub cause I have read that you need to run your RO/DI unit for a min or two to get any TDS settled in the membrane filters etc....(if I'm wrong please let me know)....for me I really don't mind filling my RO/DI water in another room and filling the tub by hand..but if it were safe enough I could plumb it into the top off tub(would make life easier)...you all have me thinking......

4. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

That's what it has the two switches. Bottom one turns the rodi on top one turns it off. AZDesertRat said the 12in apart is 13 gallons so every time the rodi kicks on it makes 13 gallons.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

5. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

DUH!!! sorry I misunderstood the first time..clear now thanks..im going to go this route...

6. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

my ro/di fills up directly to my reservoir. you can see the device i use in the pic i posted.

it has a float bobber thing and if that fails it has a backup float arm thing. and if that fails the device is plugged into an analog timer so it can only run so long a day anyway.

the reservoir is big enough and the water level low enough it would have to fail for multiple days (without me noticing) before it could overflow.

And if power goes out (or timer isn't in 'on' state) the solenoid fails in the 'off' position.

I've used it a couple years now and have never had an issue.

7. Jake

Jake Sea Dragon

I use a standard ten gallon glass tank. I found it was roughly the same price as a rubber made container of the same volume and it fit in my stand.

8. Click Here!

9. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

I like the many back ups you have implemented with this.you deff can't be to safe..going to have to get me some float switches or float bobber things and get DIYing...thanks..

10. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

yea I was gonna go this route but will prob go with a bucket or rubber container due to having to make holes for floats and bobber things..lol..

11. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

lol, lots of technical terms, I know.

here's a pic. you can see the float bobber thing on the bottom and then the arm sticking out.

[​IMG]

12. Mawnkey

Mawnkey Ritteri Anemone

High tech ATO

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Attached Files: