Show me da sumps!!!

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by jeffers0n, Oct 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JHiestand

JHiestand Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Sumps

Heres mine that is in progress, I will have my skimmer and some bags of carbon in the inlet side, a fuge with 3-4inches of sand and some chaeto, probably shrimp snails and such, and just bought a 320gph return pump, only want 1-2 full cycles per hour with the fuge. Any tips and tricks appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. jeffers0n

jeffers0n Feather Duster

I would go with a deep sand bed in the fuge, but the sand needs to be porous and kind of big. Also, try to use bio balls, and a brs reactor works a ton greator than a bag of carbon or gfo. Looks good though. good job and good luck! :)

4. jeffers0n

jeffers0n Feather Duster

Ahhh y am i a bristle worm, i hate those things. :( hahaha jk

5. jeffers0n

jeffers0n Feather Duster

That sump looks like a bigger version of mine, except mine is done, ill try to upload some pics tomorrow. It is supposed to snow a foot where im at in Colorado, so lets hope for a snow day! haha:p

6. reefwerks

reefwerks Flamingo Tongue

every sump is different and every owner has their own idea of "best"..Use what you need it for, take tips but make yours your "own"..

I personally use the middle for skimmer, right for return, left for overflow all tied into a media chamber with GFO. All built by Bashsea...but the good thing about sumps, is that you can always change your style...;)

7. JHiestand

JHiestand Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

where are those pictures jeffers0n, I want to see what you got???

8. Click Here!

9. jeffers0n

jeffers0n Feather Duster

Haha, sorry i forgot. I will upload them tomorrow. I,m goin to a highschool football game tonight.

10. felixfish

felixfish Bristle Worm

My 29g sump on 55 gal DT

Here is my 29g sump I have set up in the furnace room directly behind my 55 gal. I have a HOB reef octopus still on the tank. I have constructed an Algae Turf Scrubber to rid most of the DT's algae. I have 2 heaters and a bunch of live rock i extracted from my DT for a more minimalistic look. I have 1" tubing with a Mag 7 return pump, as well as a 370 GPH pump feeding my ATS. I just set up a gravity fed ATO with a float valve as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  11. lmr2o

lmr2o Millepora

Pretty simple. This is my first attempt at an aquarium, the sump I bought used with the tank, so the baffles were already in there. My skimmer just barely fit :p

[​IMG]

12. Reef-a-holic

Reef-a-holic 3reef Sponsor

Thought I'd post the sump on my 125 since it's a bit "non-standard". It wouldn't work for a lot of applications because it takes up a lot of room, but since it's in my basement space was not an issue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]