Should i use a plug?

Discussion in 'Frags' started by epsilon, May 29, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

So, mentioned couple weeks ago that i have a bunch of metalic green shrooms that i may start fragging out soon. Been reading how many people hate frag plugs; should i even attempt attaching them to something? I would think with a shroom, you would want it attached to something...

2. Click Here!

3. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

rock rubble and wedding veil rubberbands

4. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

Attach it to whatever you wish, but definitely something.. Pieces of rock rubble, a plug, or whatever.. That'll allow you or whomever else to glue it down later. As glue directly to a shroom doesn't really stick. You'll have to cut the shroom.. Then put it under some bridal netting, or whatever kind of netting, with whatever your attaching it to. The bridal netting will keep it from floating away, and will make it stay in place and attach where u want it. Hope that helps.

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

+1. No plug...

6. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Don't want it floating around and getting sucked into a powerhead. Electric green salad then.

7. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

another often used method with shrooms is as follows

place some rock rubble into a plastic low walled container - a sandwhich box is ideal

place the shrooms into this, and then place the container in an area of the tank with low flow
    within a week or 2 they will have firmly attached to the rubble, which you can then remove and locate on your rockwork

the plastic walls on the sandwhich box help to prevent the unnattached shrooms being blown about

8. Click Here!

9. toua

toua Flamingo Tongue

+1 on the low walled container, has always worked for me fine.