Should I purchase a tank with lots of aiptasia

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by leigh, Nov 22, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tmobo

Tmobo T-Rev

I would so buy that. I would just buy like 10 peppermint shrimps. Probably be cheaper than buying all new rock and you get to watch their progress. I think it would be pretty interesting to see how it would turn out. if you don't mind boiling the rock or getting new rock or the peppermint shrimp idea than why not?

2. Click Here!

3. chelonianraces

chelonianraces Flamingo Tongue

I wouldn't bother killing them individually because they will basically return when your tank is full of corals and a war between you and aiptasia will never end same goes with peppermint shrimps, i think peppermints are good for 10 or less but with that much you would defo need to fully eliminate them otherwise you will have daily pain in the neck dealing with it, completely boil or burn the rocks and start from day one and dead rock, it would still be a good deal for the buck you paid.

4. leigh

leigh Flamingo Tongue

I got the guy to lower the price to under 400 for the setup, so i am going to go later today to pick it up , (its over an hour away ugh) and i will Boil the rock and put the rock from my nano into the 75 to help cycle the *dead rock*
    thanks for all the help and support, The way i see it is if I were to buy another tank setup or new i would pay alot over 400 then i would have to buy rock anyways, With the money I will purchase an R/o System and probably a uv sterilizer thanks guys Ill definitely make a build thread

5. leigh

leigh Flamingo Tongue

Setup the tank this weekend, the fish survived the trip home , some of the rock doesn't look to bad I am even considering leaving it in and trying to let shrimp/other stuff do the job maybe buy some aiptasia x for it But some of the rocks have alot those I will boil throughout this week web I have spare time just wondering should I put the rocks in one at a time once their dead to avoid a big cycle?

6. ilikespam

ilikespam Feather Duster

yep also look into getting the electronic zapper.

7. Stercus Accidit

Stercus Accidit Feather Duster

This was just recommended and work very well in 2 tanks this past week. Buy some peppermint shrimp...they're cheap and you don't have to do anything but watch. I think it would be more rewarding cleaning it all up and seeing what you could do with it. IMO

GL!

8. Click Here!

9. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

yea a little at a time to prevent a major cycle on the tank

10. leigh

leigh Flamingo Tongue

Thanks for all the help guys

11. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

not a problem thats why we're all here!