Should I go LED?

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Salmo salar, Oct 27, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

2 Maxspect Celestial spotlights, 20 or 27 inch Maxspect Razor, Reefbreeders, and DIY are all good choices

2. Click Here!

3. Fernando77

Fernando77 Astrea Snail

I use the taotronics and they work great.

4. Salmo salar

Salmo salar Flamingo Tongue

Thanks again for all the suggestions, I ended up fixing my light and ordering 4 new ATI bulbs from Reef Central. I got 1 coral+ , 1aquablue, and 2 blue plus. I figure I can get 6 to 8 months with these bulbs and that gives me plenty of time to upgrade. Im thinking of maybe a larger tank as well so this buys me a little time to way my options.

5. Jewel613

Jewel613 Plankton

what do you think about the fluval reef led 36", i've got a 65 gal tank?? i'm like everyone else, so many options and too many opinions. i'm not wanting to get something i'm going to have to have several of-i've heard of 6 t5ho lights on one tank. thanks

6. Alex321

Alex321 Plankton

7. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

8. Click Here!

9. flynhawaiianz28

flynhawaiianz28 Purple Spiny Lobster

+1 for what Marshall O said. I upgraded from a T5 to a Kessil A350W for my 20 gallon and my corals are loving it. It's nice being able to individually control the whites and blues even though I have to do it manually. Kessil's are nice, people seem to be loving reefbreeders on this forum, reefradiance is another good one, and if you really want to fork over the money you can look at Aqua Illumination's Sol, Vega, Hydra, or Hydra 52 as well as Ecotech's Radion. All depends on what your willing to spend i guess :)

10. Jewel613

Jewel613 Plankton

Cool, thanks everyone!