should i cure LR or cook it

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Atmos, Aug 12, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Atmos

Atmos Astrea Snail

my roomate is telling me i should take all my aiptasia and evil bristle worm infested LR (they ate my soft coral all i could do was watch!) outside and put it in the sun. i can just break the corals off and leave them in the tank. would cooking LR in the sun for two days kill everything on it? then just rinse it and place it back in the tank? I know curing it would be way better but im broke and it would be nice to get it done quick.

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

I wouldnt personally suggest that at all..all the die off that occurs in 2 days may raise your ammonia to deadly levels, even with a wash.

4. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

as for your problem Anems...i cheap easy kill for them is a lemon juice injection...dont do too many in one day (too much effects your PH) about .3ml per anem should be enough to kill the anem. I've heard Joe's Juice works too...I havent tried that tho. But you can either get a syeringe and stick it in the base...or you could try to shoot it right in the mouth