Should i be concerned?

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Shackman23, Oct 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Shackman23

Shackman23 Teardrop Maxima Clam

Ive been doing more reading on my SPS and i was told that polyp extension all the time is or could be a bad thing? my corals are fed 3 times a week, and i have the proper flow and such, should i be concerned or are they just happy? theyre growing just fine, and my red planet is coloring up nicely the only issue i have is a blue milli going tan in color, but the tips look to be coloring back up. (LFS fragged it up and sold it to me in the same day, all of his frags died and only 1 remains.. mine)

2. Click Here!

3. Shackman23

I Will post all my Parameters as well so you guys have an idea on whats going on
    P04 - 0
    trate - 0
    trite - 0
    ammonia - 0
    PH - 8.3
    DKH - 11
    calcium - 420
    mag - 1350
    and my temp is at 79 degrees

4. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

I would say that they are happy, if everything on the coral looks good and its color is okay and there growing, i would say they are happy.

5. Shackman23

Thats sort of what i thought but then i read that if they are out all the time it could be a bad thing.. but idk what it could possibly be that would make it bad.. they are pretty amazing every morning when my light kicks on!