Shocking!!!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by JohnO, May 17, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Gresham,

Just to make my point very clear.

I have no issue with the gun laws in the USA. HOWEVER I do have an issue with the ignorant suggestion that the freedom to bear arms gives people liberty. That is my only point

John

2. Click Here!

3. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Is now and is news to me. The police officers assosiation and many other groups wanted Tauras banned from being sold in the states. There was a big to do about it a few years back. Ethically distributed? Not dumped? The gun sells for way lower then any other gun on the market. You can pick-up a Tauras 9mm, load it with Talons for under $150 and proceed to blast 1 foot holes in cops or whom ever else. To be dumped, an item only needs to be mass produced and sold for cheaper then the foriegn market. I'm sure the reason they're now making SOME guns in the states is largelly due to the actions of their oppenants.

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Our right to bear arms is the very reason we have a United States of America. Had the "rebels" not had guns, we'd still have the Queen on our money and we'd sing go save the queen. A nation of defenseless citizins is just that.

5. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

You guys are confusing the Taurus gun with a cheap by product.
    Taurus in a well made gun and not cheap. The plant in Brazil was bought from Beretta Arms and the Taurus is made from the Beretta blue prints.

I own a Beretta and a Taurus nothing cheap or cheaply made about either weapon.
    You may be thinking about a weapon from Davis arms or euro arms or something along those lines but Taurus is a well made and not cheap gun.

6. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Nope, it definitly was Tauras. It may have been a certain model, but definitly Tauras. The plant/operation was in Brazil. Many products are made from others blue prints, that doesn't mean they have the same standards. In this case, they bought the plant, still doesn't mean they kept the Beretta standards. I haven't been in the handgun market for some years now, but when I was, Tauras was considerred to have very poor quality controll.

7. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I love my Mini-14!! American made, American modified and American owned :)

8. Click Here!

9. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Gresh I don't know who you have been talking to but Taurus is a very well made gun. I have been using such weapons for over 30 years and just because of the manufacturer does not mean it is not well made. The 9mm and the 40 SW from Taurus I own or have owned and they are accurate and balanced with no mechanical malfunctions. The Beretta 9mm when compared to the Taurus 9mm is equal in balance and craftsmanship.
    If you have information on a certain gun they make, then post that information but don't see one bad apple and call them all bad because you just don't know.

Tell me which gun you are talking about... model and cal type and we can talk about that gun.

"Taurus was considerred to have very poor quality controll."
    This is bunk show some proof of this. Get real and do some research. If you have owned a Taurus then spout off but you are off base if talking about the 9mm or the 40SW, I will put them up against any other gun even an HK or SIG which I have also owned the same cal on both.

10. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I care lots!!!!

Yes, Tauras is like a bad apple, rotten in one spot, and sweet in another, yet I wouldn't want to bite outa any of it because of the worms :)

Why don't you start a thread on the Taurus hand gun Naut if you want to debate the thing. I can actually give a rats rear end about that gun and believe me, I feel no need to answer anyone who asks questions in such a rude manner as you. "Get real and do some research", why, I don't want that gun, and again, I can give a rats rear end about it. Do I care to debate two gun manufacturers on a reef forum, nope. "Give you a model and cal and we can talk about that gun", how bout no and we don't discuss it?

11. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

[quote author=Nautilus link=board=Bucket;num=1084837863;start=45#46 date=05/20/04 at 20:47:14]"Taurus was considerred to have very poor quality controll."[/quote]

Sounds like a lot of bull to me LOL

John

12. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

OK you two!

I'm handing both Gresham and Nautilus a YELLOW card.

Stick to the topic and no more personal stuff or you will both suffer the JohnO punishment.

John