Shocking!!!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by JohnO, May 17, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

[quote author=Craig_Manoukian link=board=Bucket;num=1084837863;start=15#26 date=05/19/04 at 08:25:49]Freedom is a common thread with al peoples and cultures![/quote]

Can't agree more, freedom is a common desire, regardless of country or culture but " what price freedom"

Matt, It was just a joke email I received :)

LOL, same colours as the Australian flag and others

John

2. Click Here!

3. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I am not a gun owner or a member of the NRA but I do agree with Craig, We have to fight for all of our constitutional rights. That is what every man and woman has fought and died for in every branch of our military to protect, And it is what made this nation what it is. We All Need to Fight to protect ALL of our rights.

4. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

5. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Heh, didn't notice this thread. Member of the NRA (have ALL the friggen junk mail to prove it :) ), registerred gun owner, assualt rifle and pistol owner and I vote to protect my rights to be and do so.

I agree, different countries have different views towards guns. Just look at Brazil and the Torus.

6. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

[quote author=Gresham link=board=Bucket;num=1084837863;start=30#33 date=05/20/04 at 18:03:24]I agree, different countries have different views towards guns.  Just look at Brazil and the Torus.[/quote]

And are they any less "free"?

John

7. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Wasn't my point. Do you know what I'm refferring to when I mention Torus and Brazil? Its a cheap throw-away gun used mainly by criminals, made in massive amounts in Brazil and dumped in the states. Brazil cares so little about gun controll, they make them available to the brokest of criminals. There is no reason to own such a cheap pistol, other then for criminal use. The undepenablity makes them useless for personal protection and their accuracy makes them useless for hunting or target practice. Cleary a gun designed for criminal usage. BTW, yes, brazilians are less free then us here in the States. , but not because of lack of gun controll.

8. Click Here!

9. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Sorry my friend I didn't know about the reference that you made, but in some ways it makes my point as the Brazillians can dump any amount of guns anywhere if there is a market for the gun.

This has probably happened because of the Brazillian Governments ban on hand guns, ( attempts to quell the very high murder rate )

Please don't think I am linking gun control with freedom, I'm not.

John :)

10. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

The amazing thing is though, the Torus is rampant in Brazil as well.

11. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Umm..... now I am confused,  This weapon is professionally and ethically distributed/manufactured in the USA.  

It doesn't seem like a 'dumped' item to me

http://gunblast.com/Taurus941.htm

Quote from page "Taurus now handles the import of its Brazilian made firearms through Taurus USA in Miami, Florida, and also manufacturers some of its guns at the Miami facility."

You might also be interested in this link

http://64.139.131.93/main/documents/NRA2004.pdf

1 years free membership to the NRA if you buy one of their weapons

John

12. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

When I was in England, I stayed in Brixton (sp?), a bad part of London. I heard machine gun battles between the rival gangs. I went to the Glastonbaury (sp?) festival, several people were killed that year by hand guns that year (insane festival though, 100K paid and another 100k+ gate crashers). I never see or here that around me and guns are legal here. Outlaw guns, only outlaws have guns. I do wish people would settle fights the old fashion way, rolling up ones sleeves and slugging it out. I saw way more fights in England, then I've even seen in Oakland (I stay there several nights a week) and Oakland is a major murder hot spot (gun related usually). Guns are not a way to settle a score or end a fight (unless it is a life defending issue, kill or be killed situation)