shipping Problems: Pics pg5, Vendor Revealed; Finally Resolved

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by clarky2120, Nov 4, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

Well, you can do a credit card charge back. Just say you didn't get what you paid for, etc.

2. Click Here!

3. clarky2120

clarky2120 Bubble Tip Anemone

I used paypal, but wouldn't paypal just ask for the shipping confirmation from him and he would just give them the package number? I don't think paypal would award me the win if he can prove he shipped it. It would look like I wasn't responsible enough to sign for it.

4. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Clarky2120

I do fully understand your obvious frustrations
    but would like you to consider another perspective on this situation

you state you live 20 mins away and often frequent the vendor
    if so, I suggest you go along and discuss the matter with them face to face
    in a diplomatic manner, as this could be a genuine mistake and if the vendor has not made the mistake, Im sure you can see that from the vendors perspective, they dont want to be out of pocket, any more than you do

but if you have spent money in good faith, and the vendor seems honest enough to me, based on the reply "They did send not requiring a signature" (if they where not honest then they may have denied that they did that)

so it seems to me, we have a genuine mistake
    with a Vendor who admits a mistake has been made, but not by them

a face to face discussion with the people in question would be my choice of action in these circumstances

Im sure under those conditions , the vendor would be reasonable
    confrontation often solicits confrontation (Its an ego/ pride problem us humans have)

diplomacy - is your greatest ally in this case in my honest opinion

Steve

5. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I think a visit to the store is warranted, as well.

Also, TBH, if I were shipping even 3 packages, I wouldn't notice a $2 difference in the price from what it should be, let alone 15 packages, so I don't think that's a good way to look at the issue.

6. clarky2120

clarky2120 Bubble Tip Anemone

Thank you for the input, but I dont think I was clear in my previous post. I meant to say I live 20 mins away from WWC and they have some great product, but sometimes it's expensive. Because of the price at WWC I decided to try another vendor who was cheaper, but is based out of south florida about 5 hours away. Driving there and talking face to face is out of the question.

I don't think that the shipper was being honest when he said Fed-Ex made the mistake. I think it's always easy to just blaim the shipping company for mistakes. Its much harder to fight the shipping company than it is to fight his business. If he admits guilt then he would have to solve the problem, but by blaiming the shipping company he gets away with my money with no consequences.

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Did the seller indicate that he would file a claim with the shipping company? Did they offer you any kind of refund/replacement?

8. Click Here!

9. WWC

WWC 3reef Sponsor

Clarky,

I have no idea what transaction your revering to. We strive to have the best customer service in the industry. I couldn't fathom an employee sending a response like that to you. What is your name, email, and the tracking number for the package? I've talked to several employees and we have no record of this transaction. Please contact us ASAP. 407.856.2066

10. makeshiftcrew

makeshiftcrew Gigas Clam

WWC, i dont think he ordered this offline from you, i think he ordered from a different vendor...and i agree ive never heard anything bad about yall

11. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Yeah, I think it was just confusing the way he said it (mentioning you guys), but he ordered from somewhere else.

12. WWC

WWC 3reef Sponsor

WOW!

Lets hope he clears this up. He caused a lot of confusion over here at WWC this morning. As well as a lot of confusion here on 3Reef.

We take extra special care in taking care of our customers and will continue to deliver top notch corals and service.