shipping Problems: Pics pg5, Vendor Revealed; Finally Resolved

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by clarky2120, Nov 4, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I have a car on that site 3 for three on this site again small world

2. Click Here!

3. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I've read through this whole thread and wanted to add my opinion. I think the best thing you have done is not post the company name until this is resolved. No good ever comes of that. I noticed some of the members stating that would be the first thing they would do, learn from this and know it's always better to be calm, collected and poised, this type of thing happens a lot and it's so much easier to get it resolved when you don't immediately go psycho and post on every site possible your story. That makes you look bad and makes you look unreasonable, plus it eliminates much of your bargaining ability.

However, I feel that you were too quick to resort to the blame game. The vendor did not say he wouldn't work with you, or that you're out of luck. You may have inferred those ideas from his messages, but they weren't explicit. As mentioned already, I would have sent an email, described the situation and then try to reasonably discuss remedies with the vendor. After the initial few posts, you seemed to realize that it was partly your fault and that you'll get much farther working with the vendor than bashing him.

One thing that I don't believe has been mentioned is the vendor's policy regarding DOAs. Does he offer only store credit or does he offer a refund or replacement? It seems that the vendor is going to replace the lost shipment, which is good and he probably should, but bringing this full circle, if you, or any one else for that matter in this situation, would have immediately bashed him, I doubt the outcome would be the same. It's probably in his best interest to replace/refund your order, but I would question whether he would be required to do so. If you're a jerk, he'll be a jerk.

4. map95003

map95003 Bubble Tip Anemone

Dude, I started reading your thread and found one thing in common after reading just a few pages and decided to stop reading...almost everyone advised you to do the right think, seems to me you're the only person preventing you from getting your money back.

sorry to hear what happened to you, that really sucks but you have to put some work in if you want to get your $$ back. PayPal, nor the CC company, nor the BBB, nor the site you purchased from will just shell out your $$, you have to put in some work to get your cash back. good luck, I didn't read all the way to the end, but I didn't really see anything from the vendor that said "we will not work with you" either, hope you got your corals or the $$ back.

5. clarky2120

clarky2120 Bubble Tip Anemone

He told me he would replace all the corals, but I had to pay for shipping. He said they would arrive 11/16, but they didn't. I will probably have to resort to posting the vendors name so nobody will have to go through this long process with the same guy. You can make the decision to purchase from this guy if you would like, but it seems he is a little slow at resolving problems. It's been 2 weeks.

6. clarky2120

I know this thread is old news.....but.....I finally won my paypal dispute and got all my money back....YAY!

I asked the vendor for just my money back minus shipping, but they declined that. Said they would replace, but never did. They just wanted me to go away. So I went for all of my money in the paypal dispute and got it all back.

7. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

That is great. So who was the vendor so none of us have to deal with them?

8. Click Here!

9. clarky2120

The Vendor: TheFragFarmer.com

TheFragFarmer, some guys named Russ and Robert I believe. They just started their company within the past year or two I think. They have some great prices at their website. And if shipping goes right for you I bet it's pretty good corals, but if anything EVER goes wrong, don't expect them to work with you. I'm going to stay away, but of course you guys can make your own decisions.

I really didn't think it was right to go bashing companies without first trying to work it out, but I think I tried as much as possible. I asked for replacement, it never came. I asked for store credit, I never received it. I asked for a full refund, it was declined. I asked for a partial refund, it was delined. I dunno, but it's finally overwith. Never again.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  10. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

First I am glad you won the dispute. 2nd IMPO you went about this entire thing trying to work with the vendor to make this right. 3rd I think you for letting me know who this was. I have seen them advertised on CL for a while now and have almost ordered ordered from them in the past. Thank you for helping me not have to go through the same thing you have had to with this vendor. K+ to you for going about it the correct way. Thanks