shipping Problems: Pics pg5, Vendor Revealed; Finally Resolved

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by clarky2120, Nov 4, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. clarky2120

clarky2120 Bubble Tip Anemone

No kidding. It's Friday and I can feel Mr. Budweiser starting to creep into the emails I'm sending to this guy. I'm trying to hold him back, but sometimes he just has trash to talk. Ha.

2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

lol... After reading 9 Pages of posts. Really Sorry to hear all this has happened I and I hope you are able to correct it.

However I feel that one thing has been left out. That is not the Dealers fault but yours. Please dont take this the wrong way. But I do feel that it is irresponsible to have livestock shipped to a house where no one will be able to pic it up, bring it inside from the elements and start acclimation Immediately.

But thats just my opinion and know that it is some of the online vendors too. Regardless. I hope everything gets sorted out and best of wishes.

(Once again dont take it wrong, just stating my opinion on livestock)

4. clarky2120

Honestly, I am surprised it took 92 posts for someone to give that opinion. I just figure it's better that it sits infront of my door for 2 hours and is in my aquarium by 5pm then to miss the delivery guy and it have to wait another 24hours.

But I feel where your coming from and I do think it was a little irresponsible to not be able to sign for it. But I did email the guy to make sure this was ok and he told me he would not send it with signature. I really only went by what he said. If he would have told me that it wasn't ok to ship without signature and I purchased it anyway I could see where I would be in the wrong and we wouldnt be having this discussion. But I do get your opinion and I thought more would feel that way too.

Also, not really any elements in Florida right now. As anyone who lives here could tell you it hasnt rained in about 2 months and the high right now is only 75, its perfect. LOL. except May through September when its 110 every day.

1 person likes this.
  5. makeshiftcrew

makeshiftcrew Gigas Clam

i think everyone was more focused on the fact that in the emails he seemed to change his story alittle...and didnt seem to wanna help you...

6. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Well after reading through the whole thread here are my thoughts. First off I do believe it is the company's fault as I have worked at a Fedex shipping facility before and now that adding a signature confirmation is not something that happens on accident, let alone adding the additional Sig Req sticker. Secondly, do not take store credit IMO. Just means that you run the risk of going through this all over again. And finally, I agree with what Redgambit said as well. I never place an order for livestock knowing that I or someone I trust won't be there to receive it. Outside elements can be very harsh on a package even with heating packs added. So take this a big learning experience for yourself as well.

7. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Heres some Karma for not biting my head off :lol:!

But do what you can to get things fixed and good luck.

IME, Ordering from Liveaquaria may be a bit more pricey but worth the money. Im never around for half the packages I receive. Guilty as charged. But Someone is always here to bring it inside. The packages I really care about. I actually go pick them up and dont have them shipped. (Normally livestock over 150$ per piece) There was no way I was letting a $316 show size achilles Travel through the air when Im only an hour and 20 minute drive from the place. LOL Even if the shipping was free and I had to pay gas to go there!

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. clarky2120

yeah if you've noticed his emails have changed from, "tough luck take it up with FedEx." to "sorry I will make this right."

All i really want is what I paid for. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't expect him to give me something I didn't purchase, nor would I expect something less than what I purchased.

10. clarky2120

I edited something into my post that i forgot to mention. Living in Florida has its perks between November and April. Right now I haven't seen rain in like 35 days and the high is about 75 degrees. but any other month it's 110 every day and Im home to sign for packages. I'm a middle school math teacher so every day during the summer I can sign for packages, but there is no way I can do it during the school year, but I figure during that time it wont hurt that the package sits outside for a couple of hours. Maybe i'm wrong though? I'd like to think I wouldn't gripe about getting something DOA when I had it sitting at the front door for over 2 hours, but this wasnt the case.

and being a middle school teacher i think thats where I get all my patience from, haha. Have you spent a day with a 14 year old? Try spending all day with 30 of them. haha, but that's neither here nor there.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  11. makeshiftcrew

makeshiftcrew Gigas Clam

and for that you deserve to get what you ordered...no reason to ask for more thats just greedy...keep us posted on what he says

12. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

The important thing when dealing with companies that you feel didn't perform there obligations is to be straight. In my experience unless you cut to the chase they are more then willing to draw it out in hopes you will move on with out reimbursement.

You need to say what they did wrong and you feel they need to make it right. Also no reason to be overly aggressive when pointing fingers. Like you did in your last email. After that you finally made some progress.

Personally I feel at this level it wasn't important whether Fedex or he screwed up, as he promised no signature through a written medium and he choose the shipper. I also think as this is probably a screwed up shipping form, that store credit(with shipping) or a replacement shipment is acceptable unless otherwise stated on the site.