shipping Problems: Pics pg5, Vendor Revealed; Finally Resolved

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by clarky2120, Nov 4, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. clarky2120

clarky2120 Bubble Tip Anemone

Ok, so for the first time I decided to have corals shipped to me. This time I decided to go the online route as I usually purchase locally. The website said they ship with signature confirmation. I emailed them to ask them if they could waive signature confirmation and go with delivery confirmation instead since I work 9 to 4:30. He/The Business, emailed me back saying that was ok and told me to go ahead and make a purchase. So I get home today to find a FedEx Door Tag stuck to my front door saying the person/business requires signature confirmation. It won't get shipped to me till Saturday. Needless to say it's a longshot the corals will survive till Saturday.

I sent the guy/business an email basically letting them know I didn't think it was right for them to tell me one thing and do something else. I haven't heard from them through email yet. Do you think I should post all about this on as many forums as I can? About how shady the man/business is or should I have assumed he/the business was just going to send it signature anyway to protect them from losing stock? What are your opinions?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

It is possibly an honest mistake. I would do two things.

1. Wait for the reply from the business and see what their fix for the situation is.

2. Get that tracking number and track down that package. If it is anywhere near you, I would do everything I could to try and pick it up this evening. Some types of corals will be OK, but SPS / LPS will die with another 24 hrs in a box.

4. makeshiftcrew

makeshiftcrew Gigas Clam

id wait to hear back from them before you blast them on the net, but i hope all goes well for you, this sucks...JMO

5. clarky2120

I already tried to track down the package. The shipping center where the box is located closes at 4:30. I wouldn't even be able to make it there tomorrow because of work.

Yeah I'm going to wait for the email response back to me. But what if they say, "Oops sorry, tough luck."

6. jonjonwells

If that is what you get back... then I would be pissed. At that point, I would ask for a FULL refund. If they did not comply, then a call to the CC company / PayPal.. or however you paid. Most will fight for you to get a refund if it is the vendors fault.

7. makeshiftcrew

makeshiftcrew Gigas Clam

then contact the better business bureau, see if they can help

8. Click Here!

9. clarky2120

What would you expect them to do to correct the problem? Refund in full? Partial refund? Or them ship out new corals to me?

10. jonjonwells

I would definitely ask for a full refund or full replacement. Either way... it was their fault and they should bend over backwards to correct the situation.

They might ask you to pay for shipping again though. I know of several companies that do that, but since this was their error, not just a DOA.......

11. makeshiftcrew

makeshiftcrew Gigas Clam

full refind or replacement...like they say..the customer is ALWAYS right

12. clarky2120

This was their reply to my email:

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I actually requested the package have no signature as you requested so if they sent with signature request it was an absolute error on Fed-ex part and I promise you this."[/FONT]

Keep in mind this is a business which a person is running with a website you can purchase coral and other livestock. This isn't some guy I bought one piece of coral from on craigslist.

So I sent back:

"So your taking the easy way out and blaming the shipping carrier? Since when does fed-ex add signature confirmation without someone paying for it? Isn't that like a $2.00 charge for Fed-Ex? Are they having a sale I am unaware of where you get free signature confirmation on every package at no charge per no request?"

Then I went on to say they're a shady business and a few choice words and expressions.