shipping frags

Discussion in 'Frags' started by VPBassist, Jan 11, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. VPBassist

VPBassist Bristle Worm

What is the best way to ship frags if you are trying to sell or trade frags? I have 4 birdsnest coral frags that I would like to sell. I should also mention that I live up north and its cold (into the negative) around here this time of the year.

2. Click Here!

3. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

You need a small box, insulated with 3/4" to 1" styrofoam. Use packing peanuts under your frags, which should be double or triple bagged in seal-able bags. Use packing peanuts to fill up any remaining space once you've got the frags in place, than tape a ~20 hour hand warmer on top. Place your styrofoam on top, tape up the box. Taping the hand warmer to the top piece of styrofoam is also an option, and cut a small hole in the styrofoam so the handwarmer is exposed to some fresh air.

Lastly, you'll need to ship overnight with morning delivery. This will run you around $100 for a small box. Just FYI.

4. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

5. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

Yeah, thats the best way to do it. You can ship corals for SO MUCH cheaper using the priority shipping in the mail..but its very sketch..Because they could hold it up and SPS cant handle NEARLY as much as softies can. You need to ship those over night, so if the person is willing to pay like $100 extra bucks for shipping on UPS or fedex then its all good..But usps is less expensive, but so much more risky.