Shallow Reef Tank Lighting

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Drew, Aug 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

the wh 5 will run:
    1 x 80 watt or
    2 x 54 watt or
    3 x 39 watt

2. Click Here!

3. dirtydavenkc

dirtydavenkc Purple Spiny Lobster

im only running 2 Guiseman 48 in T5's on my workhorse 5 does that mean i could put another 2 on it.

Attached Files:

• wh2.jpg
      wh2.jpg
      File size:
      41.4 KB
      Views:
  4. cdeboard

cdeboard Montipora Digitata

As much as people bash odyssea fixtures.. Me and my friends have a few of them and we all like them. Yes we have the new ones with the new ballasts, and yes an orbit fixture or something like that would probably be better but odyssea is just insane for the price. Also icecap ballast are plug and play. I have a 2x250w with 65w pcs and moonlights.. my friend has 2 150w mh with t5 actinics (just got them last week.. $99 bux a bucket with free shipping and 15k bulbs and a huge moveable fan, crazy deal). It is still going on at aquatraders.com

5. chuckdee

chuckdee Peppermint Shrimp

Wattage for each light usually depends on how long they are. Wattage over the tank is gonna depend on how many bulbs you have side by side.

6. blibo

blibo Astrea Snail

oops I was actually thinking of my tank when I gave the value because I also have a workhorse 5 that I used on my 24" tank. What I meant was 4 x 24w