Setup

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by Jetholes, Mar 23, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jetholes

Jetholes Plankton

I am unsure how to setup my fuge. I have a drilled tank hooked up to my 24x8x16 wet/dry in a 36x18 cabinet. I want to use a 10gal tank (20x10x12 - i think it will fit).

My issue is how to get the water to and from the fuge. I do not know how to tee off and my tank is flush against the wall.

Could I pump from the sump and then somehow overflow back in into the sump? How - drill the 10 gal?

All advice is appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

I have my overflows draining into the wetdry and then the wet dry drains into the refugium then the return pump send it back to the tank. It is all in my closet though. But if you can elevate the wet/dry under that tank you might have a chance to put the refugium under it. Let gravity work for you. there is a picture in my gallery.

4. Jetholes

Jetholes Plankton

Thanks. Do you have hole in your wet/dry for the draining. My wet/dry is sealed (submersable pump only) so I am not sure your solution works for me. Thoughts?

5. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

yes i made a hole a few inches from the top of the wet dry to allow it to drain into the refugium using one inch pvc and bulkhead.