Setting up Frag tank

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Reefbuilder, Jan 22, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reefbuilder

Reefbuilder Scooter Blennie

Hi all - I am setting up a new system and am trying to think a little ahead. I will be putting my sump / Refugium in the basement -In the room (its a large room) I also want to set up a frag tank - I have plenty of flow from my sump and already built in a line with a ball valve to direct water to the frag tank.

I picked up a 40 breeder from petco (on sale $1 a gallon to end of month I believe) its little larger than I wanted but is not as deep as the other tanks they had.

Okay - so I have some black eggcrate to build up a platform - I have a light and a powerhead - but what else do I want to put in it?

I have some rubble live rock not using in the DT I was going to put in the sump - but also could get some more for the frag tank if recommended? I assume it would be under the eggcrate as I will build this up about 8" from the bottom.

Also what about a fish? I see some In my LFS sometimes in there frag tanks - I there a better fish to use o recommended?

Thanks for any input - I really want to set this up the right way.