Serious help on my fuge sump

Discussion in 'Algae' started by johnson, Dec 29, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. johnson

johnson Plankton

Hey,
    New to the forums and to the salt water world. Just bought a 90 gallon tank from a friend who lost interest and lack of time also. I am also not sure were to start. After some water test and describing the tank i was told to shut the lights off and the alge i have will die off, but i am sure you all know how it works and of course i do not at this point but i am trying to get some pictures of the sump to see what you guys think about this ugly thing and were i should start. Any help or advice will be great!!

Thanks

P.S this tank was moved two days ago so i am aware some things are not perfect but that is why i am here

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. mm2002

mm2002 Feather Duster

Is it just the sump that looks like that, or the main tank too? If it's just the sump I wouldn't worry too much about it. Sumps are suppose to be "swampy"...that's what they do. I started using the Special Blend (couple of threads on it) and my sump doesn't have any more cyano, but it still looks nice and "swampy". In other words, if the main tank looks good, and doesn't have any algae problems, looks like the sump is doing its job.