Sep. POTM CHAT!!!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by missionsix, Sep 6, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

It's a Tile Star, or a Marble Star

Here's the DFS page:

Marble Starfish (Fromia sp.)

Purple ones are apparently hard to find, as I searched the web for hours for another picture of one and all I could find were the orange ones.

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

37 pics!!! wooo hoooo ;D

4. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

We have surpassed July's POTM contest with 37 entries. Keep em' coming in. Alot of great photos to be voted on. This one is definitely going to be tough to vote on. In the event of a tie, I will be choosing a panel of non-biased judges to pick the winner. The chosen panel will be asked if their voted pic is included in the tie breaker. Therefore excluding them from the panel. An alternate judge will be picked. If you haven't seen some of July's pics, check them out.
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/bucket/vote-now-potm-july-50273.html

5. missionsix

[​IMG] Luna will be on the panel:)....

1 person likes this.
  6. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

What if Luna is part of the tie though? Picture police cant happen then!!

1 person likes this.
  7. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

I wanna know where Luna came up with that pic!!!

8. Click Here!

9. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Luna will ALWAYS be the picture police!:)

1 person likes this.
  10. missionsix

There's a few that will be on the panel if "need be";).

11. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

I have not been following this thread until now....not wanting to get discouraged with all the great pictures...just wait I got one that is going to win this time!!!;D

I have a tuxedo urchin that has had several snake polyps on him now for 2 months, along with a shell, sand, and a zoa that he picked up. The snake polyps are still alive and are actually growing. It does not seem like he is going to let go of those guys anytime soon but it does not seem to hurt them at all.

For a while I had dropped a small hand held algea scrapper in the tank...just a small piece of plastic that was flat. He had carried that around and when I needed to use it I would take it from him, clean the glass, and set it back next to him. The next day he would have it back on top of him. That lasted for about 2 weeks until he found the snake polyps!!

They say that urchins that carry things are healthy and happy...so mine and yours must be happy as clams!

12. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

I am going to have to get me one of those...the LFS I used to go to had some in a couple months ago and they could not tell me if they were reef safe or not...so I did not get one but it looked cool. I am battling the never ending algae problem due to some install issues and can use all the help I can get! Tank is almost 3 months old and is a transfer from another system so it should have enough food. I know right now there is enough algea for it to live off of for a while