Selling Coral Frags (what to charge)

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Bruce, Nov 16, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

hello, i was wondering...i am gona start selling my xenia frags...they r pumping and like 4in tall and the base is like 1 in in diamitor...i am also gona frag my colt...got to damm big....what do u think i can get for the xenias? the colt i know wont be too much but the xenias i think can maybe make me some money? thanks also if u live near LA maybe u r interested in buying some...once i get my digital camera program on my comp ill put them up...right now i am using a pentax that is awsome with pics but...its not digital so...eh well u get it

2. Click Here!

3. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

If you sell directly to people you should charge bout $15-20 for the xenia, @ my store we give just about what we would normally pay for them (slightly more or less depending on the quality) as for the colt.....make sure its a big frag to get some dough.

4. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

I've sold good, large colonies of Xenia and Polyps for $25 which is less than the LFS by 30 - 40%

5. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

This is a piece we usually would sell for $15-20...bout 1"x1.75".....but good pieces that are spread over a rock with dood density sell for much more, also dependes on thier color, pulsing, and origin. In your case aquacultured is considered of a higher quality. I judge the price by counting the density of "hands". Keep in mind that price is completley relative to both the buyer and seller. Also Xenias are incredibly easy to ship in insulated envelope with little water and a disposible 24 hour hand warmer.

Attached Files:

6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Cool thanks alot guys