Second guessing myself on a nem

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Tavast, Mar 27, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

Thanks for the info.

PH shock can do it too if they came from 8.1+ into 7.8 that's going to be a rough swing as well.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

i did not know this, my clowns have been swarming my torch for a little over a year now the torch (yes a hardy coral) seems to actually be doing better, it has split its 4 heads and now has 8 so, so far so good i guess. i have seen however my clowns ripping the a xenia apart before.

1 person likes this.
  4. Tavast

Tavast Bristle Worm

Thanks for the info Steve34 :) we fixed the ph, now a healthy 8.2 and amonia, nitrite, nitrate all came back 0, alk 4.0 but my phosphates were a little high so I put the phosphate sponge in. We now have a lovely rose bubble tip that the clown has so far ignored, lol of course. salinity was right between 1.024-5. So far this one seems happy as a clam :)

5. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

it took my clowns a good 6 months before they moved in to my anemone, give them time

6. Tavast

Tavast Bristle Worm

Thanks Swisswiss for all of your help :) and thanks to everyone who took the time to post a response. I truly appreciate it.

7. Anthos312

Anthos312 Millepora

I find that a very untrue statement. Depends on your definition of suffering.

Anenomes are very weird creatures with interesting behaviors. Sometimes they may look like they are dying and within hours be inflated and perfect. Always post questions prior to making a hasty decision that cant be undone. I eventually took my GBTA out of my tank because over the course of 2 months it literally diminished from the size of a small baseball, to the size of a half dollar coin.

Dont worry bout it too much though. Things happen!