Resolved sebae anomone lost its foot

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by aquemeni, Jan 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aquemeni

aquemeni Plankton

this morning my sebae had moved into a cave!? It has been in the same place since I got it, seemed pretty happy until now,I tried to move it back and its foot is gone,is it going to die?any advice will be much appreciated.

24g. aquapod

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. colodan

colodan Fire Shrimp

I am no expert on anenomes, but I know they do strange stuff, its probably just got his foot sucked in or something where it looks like its missing. Also IMO it is not a good idea to move him where you want him. especially if his foot is attached to something. you can damage his foot. usually they will find a spot they like and stay put as long as they like it there. you can only hope that the place they find is a spot that you can see it.
    I would watch it closely and if it does appear to be dieing, get it out as that can spoil your water fairly quickly. hopefully someone with a little more knowledge on nems will chime in and give you better advice.

Dan

4. aquemeni

aquemeni Plankton

thanks

thanks for the advice.it seems to be doing better,my clown fish has suddenly decided to host it.;)