Season Opener Tonight!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by PackLeader, Oct 1, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Yep. Like I hinted at above ;) And yes I did knock curling. But I won't apologize ;) If it makes you feel better I did comment about how nice the Canadien womens team was visually ;)
    And it's not really stereotyping. It's allowing others (mainly the media) telling you what you should think and believe without studying, research, or observation yourself on a personal level.
    OK I should stop or I'm gonna break some rules. Back to hockey ;)

2. Click Here!

3. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

I haven't seen the NFL nearly get shut down because of lack of attendance to the games.

4. Infantry1327

Infantry1327 Fire Shrimp

Hocky is by far the best sport ever invented. Football is a ruff sport, but they only play once a week for a total of 16 games. Hockey teams have been known to play 4 games in a week. Some football players do run alot but I would like to see them run on ice with a Quarter inch blade on there foot. Plus they only run for a little bit then get a nice long rest. Yes there are big hits, but no fighting. In hockey you can fight another player then recieve a 5 min rest. And when a player gets hit in hockey they are traveling at twice the speed and hit into a wall. Plus add the hazards of being clipped in the face with a stick or hit by a 6 oz puck traveling at 100 mph, As stated before the only reason football is so high scoring is because you get 7 points every time you score. I used to like watching football. Then they stopped the players from dancing after they scored and now its boring.

Dont get me started on basketball. They cry everytime someone so much as breaths on them. Every five seconds there is a fowl and 2 free shots. They cry more than a new born.

Soccer does take alot of stamina but it defenetly is extremely boring, I just can't watch a bunch of men running around in a circle kicking a ball. I did enjoy playing soccer when i was a kid but can't stand watching it.

Baseball- I am not even going to go there.

The Pens opener was pretty good, I enjoyed watching it but I still wish the Pens would of lost. lol

5. LoJack

LoJack Sea Dragon

Neither has the NHL.

The lockout was a Union vs Company disagreement in regard to their CBA and a salary cap. THe players were locked out by the league.

6. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

The off year was an owner strike against the player union. It had absolutely nothing to do with attendance.

7. Infantry1327

Infantry1327 Fire Shrimp

For the nfl Its easy to fill the seats when there are maybe 7-8 home games most on sundays when people are off work. Its alot harder to fill the seats when there are 30-40 home games and most on week days. But because they have 30-40 home games the NHL sells alot more seats a season than the nfl. Even without filling every seat. Alot of people these days can afford a $100 once every other week to see a game. Not very many people these days can afford to pay $50-$100 2-3 times a week. This even only applies to towns with losing teams like the L.A. Kings. Cities like Detroit sell out every game.

8. Click Here!

9. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

id also love to see any hockey player take a hit from patrick willis or ray lewis or heck ever try to tackel a brandon jacobs or ALL DAY

10. Infantry1327

Infantry1327 Fire Shrimp

I never said football wasn't a ruff sport, because it is. There are some big dudes that throw some big hits. But in hockey the hits are just as hard, the guys are just as big, but there traveling at twice the speed.
    YouTube - Nicklas Kronwall DESTROYS Martin Havlat - WCF 2009 [ Versus Feed ]
    YouTube - The World's Most Insane Hockey Hits (Over 230 Hits)

This video has football and hockey. Even thow there are some huge hits in the football sections, I haft to say the hockey stuff is alot harder. You never see a football player get slammed threw a sheet of plexyglass.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeWd1_MBGNE
    The average NHL player is 6'1" and 200 lbs. The average NFL player is 6'1" 245 lbs. So there is a considerable weight differance. But NHL players average a speed of 27 miles per hour and can reach up to 32 miles per hour. Imagine skateing 26 miles an hour then get hit by a 200 pound man skating in excess of 20 miles an hour and being slammed into a large wall. Asafa Powell runs about 23mph. (9.74 WR in the 100m). He is the fastest man in the world at this point. And I garantee he isnt 6'1 245lbs with a bunch of equipment on. So your average football player even thow much larger is moving considerably slower. Like I said before, i respect football it is a tuff sport but hockey is tuffer.

11. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I hate baseball. It's so boring to play, and it's 10x more boring to watch. I still don't know how people watch it for fun...

I'm not a huge fan of soccer either. I used to play it, starting when I was 5 and ending when I was 14. But if I wanted to watch people run around, I'd go watch a marathon or cross country meet.

I don't have my own hockey team I follow around, because in the south it's not a big big deal, but I will ALWAYS watch the games on TV. Who knows, maybe I'll pick up a team later in life. But right now I just watch. I have been to a few Nashville Predators games (whoop dee doo) and I will say nothing beats sitting at a hockey game in person. Most fun I've had at a sporting event just short of my college student section insulting the opposing team at football games :lol: This is a family forum, so I won't post the things we say, but there's a reason they put our student section behind the opposing team ;)

Golf is boring too.

So is NASCAR. I can't stand it. If you want to watch racing, F1 is the way to go. Or the Red Bull Air Race. I watched the San Diego Air Race on TV yesterday :) Or any race on 2 wheels, street or dirt.

Basketball is ok. I know it was the most watched sport at my highschool because our football team was trash, but if you don't have a team to pull for, then it's boring to watch. Plus the game loses some difficulty when you're 6'8-7' tall like alot of those guys are.

Football (American) is a rough and good game. But in typical American style, it's confusing as heck for anyone who doesn't know the rules. 6 points per touchdown? Where's the logic in that? But other than that it's fun to watch. And you haven't been to a real football game until you go to an SEC game. In the south, we know how it's done. I know some PAC 10 people who thought their football was the shiz, until they went to a Vols game and saw the light. They had no idea :lol:

I don't like the NFL too much though. I think college football is much better than NFL.

12. LoJack

LoJack Sea Dragon

And instead of falling into the soft grass ... your being crushed into a 1" sheet of glass, or 6" thick solid ice.

I'd rather be tackled by an NFL player anyday ... then get lined up in the trolley tracks by Dion Phaneuf with my head down.