Seachem stability and cycling

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by SwimsWithFish, Dec 29, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

Your very right! Hehe even if I wanted to add a fishy I couldn't because I don't have money lol. I'll just throw a shrimpy in and watch it decompose!

2. Click Here!

3. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Ok lol. That I'm sure can still be very entertaining. ;D Just wait for those diatoms and algae to start growing. Hey, don't forget about the CuC. I can't remember if you have mentioned that or not. ;D

4. SwimsWithFish

Yep!:) I plan on probably 3 blue leg hermits and 5 nasarious(spelling) snails. Then down the line a couple cleaner shrimp.

5. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

I would add more than that for your cleanup crew. id do 5 nassaris, add like 5 ceriths a emerald crab, and some more shrimp, blood, peppermint and a cleaner if you want, All my hermits seem to do is kill each other and knock corals off. I find so many destroyed crab arms in my sand each morning.

About the seachem stability. First rule of reefing, if you dont know whats in it, do not add it. Seachem refuses to list ingriedients for their products like this. This product is not new, it has been around for some time, I was like yourself over a year ago looking for new ways to speed up a cycle. I was told same bull story from lfs and read same reviews of how great this product is. If product worked as well as advertised it would be a standard on newly established tanks. however as you can see it is not. Also how you can see people with tons of experienced people wont recommend this product to you either.

If your looking for a quick fill the tank up and start adding fish than freshwater may be better suited. Saltwater takes time, has cycles and ridiculous amounts of waiting time. If your serious about it then you will see the cycle goes fairly quickly in those few weeks while you get the rest of your equipment up and running. I find this also helps spread out the cost of this expensive startup. You can hold off on lighting, skimmer, etc while you are cycling.

6. SwimsWithFish

I'll keep the CUC small for now. If I need more I'll just add. And I'm not looking for a quick anything, I've been very patient. 5 months of patients. I was simply wondering if the product was Recomended. Why wait 6 weeks what you can wait 1? No harm in that. But now I know this product is a no no so I'll stay away from it.

7. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Do you have any friends that have an established aquarium already? If so, you maybe culture some rock in their tank to help you out.

8. Click Here!

9. SwimsWithFish

That's alright. I'll just get SW fresh rubble from the LFS to help out.