Seachem Salinity Salt Mix Coming This Month - Specs

Discussion in 'Salt' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Seachem has a new salt mix in their aquavitro line called 'salinity' hitting the stores this month that looks very promising from the specs 3reef just received. This 3reefer has had problems with some salt mixes putting out low pH and the first thing noticed here was a pH range of 8.4 to 8.6 for Seachem salinity. Salinity also has impressive calcium, alk and magnesium levels. Might have to give this one a try! Specs inside.

[​IMG]
    Seachem Salinity Salt Mix

salinity™ is a blend of salts specifically formulated for the reef aquarium that contains all essential major, minor, and trace components found in natural reef waters, but contains no toxic or non-essential components. Additionally, salinity™ is the most concentrated salt blend on the market. With a hydration level of <0.5% salinity™ will yield a greater volume of prepared saltwater at a salinity of 35‰ per unit of weight than any other salt mix currently on the market.

salinity™ is identical to the distribution of anions and cations found in Natural Sea Water (NSW). We have compiled data from all the oceans and seas on the Earth, and have targeted the midpoint of the range for each element. We guarantee to be within ± 3% of the midpoint. For example, at a salinity of 35‰, for calcium, magnesium, and strontium, we have the following targets and ranges.
    Calcium: target 422 mg/L, range 409 to 435 mg/L
    Magnesium: target 1336 mg/L, range 1296 to 1376 mg/L
    Strontium: target 8.4 mg/L, range 8.1 to 8.7 mg/L

Alkalinity and pH values vary widely over the Earth’s oceans. salinity™ will be within the following ranges:
    pH: 8.4 to 8.6
    Alkalinity: 3.2 to 3.8 meq/L

Be sure to check out their new Fusion Reef Supplements for Calcium and Alk too:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/water-c...ion-calcium-alkalinity-supplements-78093.html

Seachem Web site:
    http://www.seachem.com

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Well Thats just neat! Thanks for sharing!

4. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

I use and love their Reef Salt.

5. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

hopefully they're levels are true

6. the fisherman

the fisherman Vlamingii Tang

Don't like switching salts but, might have to give this one a try. Thanks Matt!

7. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

The test every batch so I suspect they'll be more inline then any other company.

I know some one that has been using this for a while now, GREAT stuff. In fact, I've been an IO guy for ever but even I will be giving this a try when I can finally get my hands on it. Seachem is one company I trust with my tank!!!

8. Click Here!

9. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

Agreed, I use RC...I hope this is as good as it sounds though!!!

10. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

One thing to note is this salt is NOT made at the same plant that most our reef salts are made at. From what I have been told the control process is much greater this way :)

11. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

+1 been really happy with the Seachem range of products I use (matrix carbon, Purigen, Phosguard, Advantage Calc, mag, Reef builder, Iodide)
    I would happily try this one out if Im lucky enough for it to be added onto the list of Seachem products on sale out here

12. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Interesting. Will the cost be similar to other salt blends?