Seachem reef dip?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by meagan1823, Apr 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. meagan1823

meagan1823 Purple Spiny Lobster

I was looking at the seachem reef dip- coral disinfectant.
    Has anybody used this? Is it worth buying?
    I was thinking about dipping all the coral frags I bought from the LFS to make sure they are clean but was wondering if it worked or has any adverse reactions

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Hi Meagan
    I have never used this product, so I will bump it and hope someone else who has can offer opinion

Steve

4. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

I have not used it, but at the LFS I frequent, there are used bottles near the tanks/ I suspect the LFS is using it for their stock.

Cheers

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Excellent product. I used it at the store too. Both when new shipments came in and if a coral was looking sick due to a parasite or bacterial infection.

6. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

I use a combination of seachem and revive to dip all of my new corals to try and eliminate pests and make sure the coral is as good and clean as possible before adding it to my tank.

I would like using both because revive catches some pests that the seachem doesn't, like some flatworms I believe, but the seachem, being iodine based, is a good safe dip to use to keep things generally clean. Careful not to overdose the revive though.

That's my philosophy on dips anyways. Cheap insurance. :)

7. meagan1823

meagan1823 Purple Spiny Lobster

Thanks.
    Also, have you had any problems with your skimmer going haywire after adding corals that have been dipped?
    I don't have a sump so my skimmer is just HOB and I can't relaly have it going crazy with bubbles.

8. Click Here!

9. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

I always rinse the coral off in a cup of tank water before putting into the tank. Also I do a thorough inspection of the frag plug or any rock that it came on for any hitchhikers that might have made it through the dip and scrape them off with a razor/pick.

1 person likes this.