I'm trying to figure out if there has been a sea spider living (and eating) by button polyp. In a earlier post, "Hair Algae on My Buttons" it was suggested that it could be Cyano or hair algae. Tonight with a soft toothbrush, I painstakingly removed the "whatever it is" - there was much more than I thought and it was very, very fine. Of course, I knocked the piece off the LR and as it was swirling briefly in the water and the current, I saw for just a brief moment what looked like a white spider .Very small, roundish, and really WHITE - not transparent, but hospital white. Now that the "whatever it is" has been removed, for the most part, it appears that some of the polyps have disappeared -- being eaten. maybe? I'm pretty confident that he was eaten soon thereafter, for his presence did not go unnoticed by the tang, clown, goby and the shrimp. Hope one of them got to enjoy a good meal. But, just in case, I'm looking for answers.