Sea horses in my 135g

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by browntrout, Oct 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. browntrout

browntrout Fire Shrimp

Thanks. I will for sure keep everyone updates. If they die you bet I will let you know. I love seahorses and have always wanted some. So im looking forward to this experience.

I also agree alot of LFS suck. That's why I have spent almost the last year reading as many books as I can. I can now go into a fish store and tell what kind of program they are running.

After reading and learning on my own Im amazed at some of the advice I read online :)

This forum is pretty damn good and has alot of solid advice.

I love the aptaisa for 5 bucks ahhha great thriving anenome brutal.

2. Click Here!

3. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

i wouldnt listen to just one guys advice vs 200 ppl advice im just saying

4. browntrout

browntrout Fire Shrimp

So I should listen to 200 peoples OPINIONS vs a seasoned person who has had first hand sucess with them?

5. bioreefdude

forums....... do the research ppl read a book asks questions take a dive visit an aquarium hell watch the discovery channel thats all im saying good luck

6. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

i would drop the "believing myths" and "opinions" from your comments all together dude.

Several of the folks that replied to this thread have first hand experience and have been in the hobby for years and years.

7. browntrout

browntrout Fire Shrimp

Have already done everything above.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. bioreefdude

i have meet ppl to that had no success which is more important to your situation and they went the same route as u but i guess its hit and miss because every tank is different so maybe it worked for him did u actually see the seahorses in his mixed reef

10. browntrout

browntrout Fire Shrimp

Ok so here is the deal.

This thread is not intended to offend anyone. I simply have read about seahorses and the difficulty of keeping them as well. Whenever I visited this shop I thought how cool are these seahorses, but keeping in mind I always thought I could never keep them based on what I read and people opinions.

Finally one day I asked about them and we got to talking about it. Decision was made based on our conversation and I decided to give them a try.

So far they have settled in just fine and it's really neat. If you are interested in following this thread to see how they do go for it. Im hoping this might actually break some of the opinions down and maybee let some other hobbiest enjoy them as well. I don't know everything and don't mean to come across like that 1 bit. I value alot of peoples advice on this forum and am in now way trying to devalue anyones opinions.

Im just against the grain on this one. If people never did we would never find new exciting things.

11. RickGrimes

RickGrimes Spaghetti Worm

Ive also read that they cant be kept with many other fish. MORE PICTURES!

12. bioreefdude

i love a passionate debate everything ppl say cant be peaches and cream there is nothing wrong with a heated assertive conversation . long as there is no name calling i'll diffidently be following this one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.