Sea horses in my 135g

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by browntrout, Oct 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TROYBOY84

TROYBOY84 Feather Duster

who cares about karma, we are all here for the same reason. To learn and to share our adventures in this hobby. I usualy keep my mouth shut and only post when i can be helpfull, and not to beat a dead horse by repeating what others have allready said. While the majority disagreed with brownout, I support his efforts and hope he will continue posting with updates. And those of you who instst that this is wrong and it is not possible to keep the horses alive/healthy keep your mouths shut, he allready knows how most feel.

2. Click Here!

3. 10001110101

10001110101 Fire Worm

one could make the argument that no fish belong in captivity, they belong in the ocean!

if someone is doing everything they can to take care of something who are you to say it's irresponsible?

there are no hard and fast rules... many people have done things exactly as they are supposed to and lost or injured many creatures... without experimentation no one knows what will or won't work anyways.

lighten up!

kudos on the seahorse, they are awesome, i think it's great when people manage to get a wide variety of creatures to live in harmony... that's part of the challenge and fun of having a reef...

4. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

::)

you received ONE +K for your posts here (at the time of this posting). Maybe many points, but only one +K. And that hardly proves your comments are not wrong (not saying the lack says they are wrong either though).

I like how he lists a collection of examples of keeping animals in unnatural habitats and you're able to find fault with one of them as if that somehow proves your point.

::)

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Yeah, thanks for the advice. ::)

6. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

not true got more then one :)

7. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

SON??? I have grandkids your age

I should point out for those talking of keeping in natural conditions, long term seahorse keepers are NOT recommending keeping them under natural conditions.
    Most seahorses come from water where temperatures are above the max. 74°F that is recommended.
    Most don't have the type of plant life that they habitually are found in. Most of us don't provide the same food that they would eat in their natural habitat.
    So many things different.
    My whole point is that I've done what browntrout is doing, and stupidly I did it twice, and I posted my experience that is similar to the majority of people that have done so already, based on the 60,000 plus members of seahorse.org that I have followed since 02.
    It is incorrect to say, as some have, that it WILL end in failure for him. All one can say is that the odds of success would be better doing it another way.

8. Click Here!

9. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

you do realize we can all see what karma you get don't you? This thread isn't older than your karma history.

You only got one.

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Lets end this here.

If browntrout wants to post again then we can reopen.

I would like to mention that if you just want to tell someone they suck and not post anything constructive, don't post. That attitude and lack of contribution does not help this forum or anyone trying to gain useful information from it. And it kills threads like this one that was pretty interesting for a while.

matt

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Reopening per browntrout request.

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC HERE OR IT WILL CLOSE AGAIN.

12. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

can we get a fts maybe?? lol in just curious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.